It is a new year and you have made some New Year’s Resolutions or made the decision to make some substantial changes in your life. First, let us start off by saying you can do it! Keep in mind, you cannot just say things like “I’m going to lose weight”...
It is a new year and you have made some New Year’s Resolutions or made the decision to make some substantial changes in your life. First, let us start off by saying you can do it! Keep in mind, you cannot just say things like “I’m going to lose weight” or “I’m going to start eating healthy.” There needs to be a plan in place so that it is effective, and you can meet your goals – a plan of attack.
Everyone can lose weight, but it is the lifestyle change that helps improve your overall health, well-being, and longevity. A new lifestyle change is not something that happens overnight. It is a day by day, commitment, one step at a time. New Vitality Centers focuses on our client’s overall health as they lose weight.
How to make sure that you meet your New Year’s Resolution(s) goals?
- Keep it Simple. If it is too complicated, you will not stick to it. Overall statements like “I’m going to lose weight” is too big, broad, and most often does not work. Consider pairing it down to something simple and actionable to make it easier to connect with your goal every day. Making it too complicated can be a recipe for self-sabotage which can lead to depression.
- Do not make quick decisions that you cannot stick to. Also, as a reminder, try not to get caught up in the “lose weight fast” campaigns. Take a moment to think about your lifestyle and your long-term health goals. Taking a moment to think about your daily life both at work and at home will help you make decisions that you can stick to.
- Always have “go to” positive affirmations. It is important to have self-compassion so that you can enact big sustainable changes. Remember you cannot take care of your family the way you want if you are not healthy yourself. Try things like this: “I will stick to my plan so that I will have the energy to be a better mother or wife”, “I will make good eating choices so that I can lower my blood pressure or get off my diabetes medication”, or “I will not be persuaded by my friends and family to eat things that are not on my plan and that will give me more confidence”. You can be loving with yourself while still holding yourself accountable. This will inspire confidence and bring out the best in yourself.
- Pick friends and partners that have similar goals and lifestyles. This will not only keep you safe emotionally but will also give you security. Having healthy relationships with discipline allows you to meet your own needs. It may sound strange, but it is good to partner with “yourself” so that you can self-motivate and allow yourself to have affection for yourself. Keeping discipline within a healthy state of balance can be life changing and it turns self-discipline into a powerful ally.
- Do not beat yourself up for having a difficult day. First, it is normal to find yourself going one step forward and two steps back at times when you are creating tremendous change. Try not to get caught up into the frame of mind that “I messed up at lunch so now I’m not going to stick to the plan the rest of the day and night.” That usually only makes you feel worse emotionally and makes it harder to get back on track. Old habits can be hard to break but remember, you can reach your goal.
There are a multitude of reasons people want to lose weight. For most people, it is simply because they want to look better physically. Who doesn’t want to look better? We all do. When you begin losing weight – not only will you look better but your overall health, well-being, and longevity improves. Many chronic disease issues can be eliminated due to this lifestyle change, not to mention you’ll have improved energy, focus, sleep and more!
New Vitality Centers believes losing weight is anti-aging. Losing weight can get your chronological age more parallel with your biological age. New Vitality Centers uses a combination of ketogenic diet along with intermittent fasting. Keto diet and intermittent fasting are considered the gold standard of sustainable weight loss and lifestyle choices because it allows you to live life without so many restrictions. People who are “on diets” typically end up socializing less or going out to dinner less often because it does not fit into their plan. This combination of ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting allows you to have a cocktail if you want and allows you to go to dinner or a party but just pick different foods to go on your plate.
Remember, you can stick to your New Year’s resolutions this year if you follow these tips and tricks! Stay committed, stay consistent and reach out to New Vitality Centers to start our Clean Start Weight Loss Program.